Reflecting on the crazy moments that make raising kids one of the most interesting and challenging jobs on the plant.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Hello, my name is Mama.

I am Mama. Occasionally I am Mommy...and rarely I am Mom. Which usually comes out sounding like "Mooom...<why did you put my sippy cup all the way over there?>  Geeze, sorry. I'm not sure how calling me Mom came about as she is just a few months shy of her 3rd birthday.  In my opinion, she's not old enough. She's only allowed to call me Mom when she's yelling and slamming doors, wallowing in pools of teenage emotion. Usually it's just Mama...or more like Maaama! (hence the title of my blog) I probably hear this 100x a day, maybe even 200 on a more challenging day. The pleading...the whining...the desperate cry. "Mama......mama......maaama!" Sure it may not sound as desperate if I just answered right away but honestly sometimes I tend to block it out, not on purpose of course. I feel like I hear it so much that I start to not hear it after awhile. Since, for some reason, she needs to call my name before she tells me ANYTHING...
like because she sees a bird outside. I'm sure it's to make sure I'm paying attention I suppose. Sometimes I even get the pleading maaama! only to get a shifty eyed...umm...like she's searching for something to say to keep my attention. It's certainly not because she's lacking attention. She gets her share and then some.  Maybe it's because she says it so much, it's just become a subconscious habit...

Hello my name is Mama, what's your name?


No comments:

Post a Comment